about us

St.Peter's C.E. (VA) Junior School has been an established part of the community for over 170 years (the original buildings date back to 1845). The school has strong links with St. Peter's Church which is situated opposite the school. The school has grown over the years from a 'village' school into a C of E Church School which serves a much wider community. 

The school buildings, once upon a time as four blocks, is now on the whole joined up with modern classrooms to reflect today's society. The school has expanded in line with the area growing from a village to a suburb.

As a Church School we aim to provide a Christian, caring, supportive, fun and successful learning environment, which is rooted in Christian values.

C.E. (VA) What does this mean?

This basically means that we are a church school. The C.E stands for 'Church of England,' The 'VA' stands for 'Voluntary Aided' which relates to the amount of control the school governors and Church have in running the school.

In practical terms it also means that we work very closely with our Church (St. Peter's) and Reverend Alicia.

At least twice a term the whole school attends Church. Children who want to, participate in a service, normally led by Reverend Alicia. Parents and carers are invited to attend all services where refreshments are served before and after each service. Reverend Alicia also visits school to take collective worship.