What is it?
The PE and Sport Premium is a government funding initiative designed to help primary schools improve the quality of PE and sport activities they offer.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
* the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
* the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
* increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport
* broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
* increased participation in competitive sport